Experienced Counsel in Elder Law Issues
If you or a loved one faces the prospect of long term care, you want to work with an experienced lawyer to protect your assets, so that you don’t spend your entire estate paying for care. A knowledgeable attorney can help you plan appropriately to maintain the assets of your estate to pass on to your heirs. Planning ahead can also save time and money when the time for long-term care arrives.
At the Law Offices of Naiman & Naiman, P.A., in Baltimore, Maryland, we have worked with elder citizens for nearly a quarter of a century, handling the details of long-term care planning and asset protection so that you can focus on the big picture. We know that decisions about elder care can be difficult and emotional, and strive to provide sound legal counsel in a friendly and comfortable setting. To schedule a confidential consultation, contact our office or call us at 410-504-1113 (toll-free at 877-811-1385) for an appointment.
Our Elder Law Practice
We work closely with elder citizens and their families, helping you take steps to minimize the loss of assets when you need long-term care. Among the strategies we can help you with are:
- Medicaid planning. We will prepare and file all Medicaid applications for you and will handle any appeals, if your claims are denied.
- The creation of a trust to protect your assets. We can recommend and create an appropriate trust to protect your assets. We can also prepare trusts that give you greater flexibility before you need long-term care. See our estate planning page to learn more.
- The use of lifetime gifts to transfer property.
- The use of annuities for income and to protect assets.
- The creation of a guardianship to oversee an estate if proper planning was not implemented while the person was well.
- Reviewing long-term care insurance and initiating claims.
When you are looking at strategies for asset preservation, timing is critical. Medicaid has look back periods that must be considered to plan effectively. You want to make certain you have met any deadlines set forth in the laws. The earlier you plan, the more secure your assets will likely be.
It is critical to have an experienced attorney if you want to transfer title to real property, as state laws require very specific deeds in order to be effective.
Contact the Law Offices of Naiman & Naiman, P.A.
For a private meeting to discuss your elder law-related questions, contact us or call us at 410-504-1113 (toll-free at 877-811-1385) to set up an appointment. Evening and weekend consultations can be arranged upon request. Our office is conveniently located just one half mile inside the Baltimore beltway. If you are unable to come to our office, we are happy to meet in your home, hospital or nursing home.